R. Edward Freeman, Professor of Business Administration at the University of Virginia Darden School of Business, has joined the Enterprise Engagement Alliance advisory board to help provide executive briefings for boards of directors, CEOs, senior management, and investors.
Boards, C-suite executives, and investors can gain access for executive briefings and facilitation services to one of the founders of Stakeholder Management and of the Stakeholder Capitalism movement: Edward Freeman, University Professor and Olsson Professor of Business Administration, and an academic director of the Institute for Business in Society at the University of Virginia Darden School of Business.
Enterprise Engagement Alliance senior advisors are available for board and executive sessions, advisory services, speaking, and facilitation of discussions or planning on issues related to Stakeholder Management and Stakeholder Capitalism. Freeman’s expertise is particularly suited for boards of directors, C-suite executives, and investor groups seeking to better understand the principles and economics of Stakeholder Management from one of the creators of the concept.
Freeman may be best known for his award-winning book: Strategic Management: A Stakeholder Approach (Cambridge, 2010), originally published in 1984, in which he traces the origins of the stakeholder concept and demonstrates why businesses should build their strategies around their relationships with key stakeholders.
Freeman is the co-author of The Power Of And: Responsible Business Without Tradeoffs (Columbia University Press, 2020); Models of Leadership in Plato and Beyond (Oxford University Press, 2021); Stakeholder Theory: The State of the Art (Cambridge, 2010); and Managing for Stakeholders (Yale, 2007). He has authored or edited over 100 volumes and 200 articles in the areas of Stakeholder Management, business strategy and business ethics.
Freeman is also Adjunct Professor of Stakeholder Management at the Copenhagen Business School in Denmark, Visiting Professor at Nyenrode Business School (Netherlands), Adjunct Professor of Management at Monash University (Melbourne). He has held honorary appointments as the Welling Professor at George Washington University and the Gourlay Professorship at University of Melbourne. Prior to coming to the Darden School, Freeman taught at the University of Minnesota and the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
Freeman has a Ph.D. in philosophy from Washington University and a B.A. in mathematics and philosophy from Duke University. He was recently awarded six honorary doctorates (DHC) - in economics from Comillas University in Madrid, the Hanken School of Economics in Helsinki, and Leuphana University in Germany; in management from Radboud University in Nijmegen, Netherlands, from Sherbrooke University in Canada, and from Tampere University in Finland for his work on stakeholder theory and business ethics.
Freeman is a lifelong student of philosophy, martial arts, and the blues. He is a co-principal in Stakeholder Media LLC and host of The Stakeholder Podcast. He is a co-principal in Red Goat Records LLC.
For More Information on the Enterprise Engagement Alliance Speakers and Facilitators Program
Founder, Enterprise Engagement Alliance
914-591-7600, ext. 230
Master the “S” of Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG), A.k.a. Stakeholder Capitalism
The Enterprise Engagement Alliance at TheEEA.org is the world’s first and only organization that focuses on outreach, certification and training, and advisory services to help organizations achieve their goals by fostering the proactive involvement of all stakeholders. This includes customers, employees, distribution and supply chain partners, and communities, or anyone connected to an organization’s success.
Training and Thought Leadership
- Founded in 2008, the Enterprise Engagement Alliance provides outreach, learning and certification in Enterprise Engagement, an implementation process for the “S” or Social of Stakeholder Capitalism and Human Capital Management and measurement of engagement across the organization.
- The Enterprise Engagement Alliance provides a training and certification program for business leaders, practitioners, and solution providers, as well as executive briefings and human capital gap analyses for senior leaders.
- The EEA produces an education program for CFOs for the CFO.University training program on Human Capital Management.
- Join the EEA to become a leader in the implementation of the “S” of ESG and Stakeholder Capitalism.
- The ESM information portal and The Enterprise Engagement Advisors Network solution provider marketplace cover all aspects of stakeholder engagement, and the EEA information library lists dozens of resources.
- The RRN information portal and Brand Media Coalition marketplace address the use of brands for gifting, incentives, recognition, and promotions. The BMC information library provides information and research resources.
The EEA Human Capital Management and ROI of Engagement YouTube channel features a growing library of 30- to 60-minute panel discussions with leading experts in all areas of engagement and total rewards.
- Enterprise Engagement for CEOs: The Little Blue Book for People-Centric Capitalists. A quick guide for CEOs.
- Enterprise Engagement: The Roadmap 5th Edition implementation guide. A comprehensive textbook for practitioners, academics, and students.
Enterprise Engagement Advisory Services
The Engagement Agency helps:
- Organizations of all types develop strategic Stakeholder Capitalism and Enterprise Engagement processes and human capital management and reporting strategies; conduct human capital gap analyses; design and implement strategic human capital management and reporting plans that address DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion), and assist with managed outsourcing of engagement products and services.
- Human resources, sales and marketing solution providers profit from the emerging discipline of human capital management and ROI of engagement through training and marketing services.
- Investors make sense of human capital reporting by public companies.
- Buyers and sellers of companies in the engagement space or business owners or buyers who seek to account for human capital in their mergers and acquistions.
For more information: Contact Bruce Bolger at Bolger@TheICEE.org or call 914-591-7600, ext. 230.