Stakeholder Capitalism has received prominent coverage in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fortune, CNBC, the National Review, and still most people have not heard about it, know what it means, or how it can affect their lives and businesses. To cut through the partisan politics and learn about the movement even a Conference Board survey finds is the future of capitalism, register for this webinar on March 1 at noon ET that includes the businesspeople who helped create this field long before “woke” capitalism was on anyone’s minds.
This webinar aims to clear up the confusion being created by partisan politics about the Stakeholder Capitalism movement, whose definition has been distorted by both the left and right to conflate it with “woke” capitalism or “corporatism,” when its actual origin comes from nonpartisan businesspeople seeking a more effective, sustainable form of capitalism that focuses on creating wealth for the benefit of all stakeholders rather than extracting it for the benefit of a few.
Opponents on the left call Stakeholder Capitalism the equivalent of “greenwashing,” pretending to protect people and the environment with grandiose statements while continuing to extract wealth from stakeholders for the benefit of a narrow few. See: ESM: Davos Man Author on the Dangers of Stakeholder Capitalism. In the meantime, opponents on the right, led by writers at the National Review, have confused it with “woke capitalism,” or pressure directed from outside or “disinterested” parties pushing companies to address their pet social or environmental causes. See ESM: Perspective from the Right: What’s Wrong With Stakeholder Capitalism. Partisans on both sides have hijacked a practical approach to business to help forward their own agendas.
This one-hour webinar held live March 1 at 12 noon Eastern time and recorded for the Enterprise Engagement Alliance You tube channel is designed to clear up the confusion being created by the partisans to focus on the definition used by the people who created the field long before the “woke” capitalism debate: creating returns for shareholders only by creating value for customers, employees, supply chain and distribution partners, and communities. The webinar is for anyone interested in a subject attracting a growing national debate and/or who is interested in how to get started profiting from this more sustainable approach to profitability.
Click here to register for the live event.
The program is co-hosted by Edward Freeman, who as 1984 author of “Strategic Management: A Stakeholder Approach,” is considered an original authority in the field, and who is professor of Administration at Darden School at the University of Virginia, and Bruce Bolger, Founder of the Enterprise Engagement Alliance at TheEEA.org, founded in 2009 as one of the first organizations to focus on helping organizations implement a strategic approach to stakeholder engagement across the enterprise.
The webinar focuses on focuses on:
A Quick Introduction to the Field
• What is stakeholder capitalism and how to define it.
• Why now.
• How did the issue become politicized.
• The shift from talk to action.
Experts are Martin Whittaker, CEO of JUST Capital, one of the premier advocacy groups for Stakeholder Capitalism; Alex Edmans, Professor of Finance at the London Business School and author of Grow the Pie-- How Great Companies Deliver Both Purpose and Profit.
The Business of Stakeholder Capitalism
• How to tap new wealth and better experiences by addressing the unmeasured cost of poorly managed human capital.
• The new ROI and merger of DEI and human capital management.
• Human capital reporting: The most effective way to demonstrate an organization’s commitment to all stakeholders?
• How organizations are beginning the shift from talk to action.
Experts are Dr. Solange Charas, Founder and CEO of HCMoneyball; adjunct professor in the Masters of Human Capital Management programs at three universities; Eric Darrisaw, Board Member of the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility and Principal of Lazerus Partners, and ESG advisory firm, and Dr. Heiko Mauterer, member of the ISO 30414 human capital reporting member and a Principal of FourC Group, a German advisory firm that conducts ISO 30414 audits.
Click here to register for the live event.
Click here to get ESM news delivered each week.
Master the “S” of Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG), A.k.a. Stakeholder Capitalism
The Enterprise Engagement Alliance at TheEEA.org is the world’s first and only organization that focuses on outreach, certification and training, and advisory services to help organizations achieve their goals by fostering the proactive involvement of all stakeholders. This includes customers, employees, distribution and supply chain partners, and communities, or anyone connected to an organization’s success.
Training and Thought Leadership
- Founded in 2008, the Enterprise Engagement Alliance provides outreach, learning and certification in Enterprise Engagement, an implementation process for the “S” or Social of Stakeholder Capitalism and Human Capital Management and measurement of engagement across the organization.
- The Enterprise Engagement Alliance provides a training and certification program for business leaders, practitioners, and solution providers, as well as executive briefings and human capital gap analyses for senior leaders.
- The EEA produces an education program for CFOs for the CFO.University training program on Human Capital Management.
- Join the EEA to become a leader in the implementation of the “S” of ESG and Stakeholder Capitalism.
Engagement Digital Media and Marketplaces
- The ESM information portal and The Enterprise Engagement Advisors Network solution provider marketplace cover all aspects of stakeholder engagement, and the EEA information library lists dozens of resources.
- The RRN information portal and Brand Media Coalition marketplace address the use of brands for gifting, incentives, recognition, and promotions. The BMC information library provides information and research resources.
The EEA Human Capital Management and ROI of Engagement YouTube channel features a growing library of 30- to 60-minute panel discussions with leading experts in all areas of engagement and total rewards.
- Enterprise Engagement for CEOs: The Little Blue Book for People-Centric Capitalists. A quick guide for CEOs.
- Enterprise Engagement: The Roadmap 5th Edition implementation guide. A comprehensive textbook for practitioners, academics, and students.
Enterprise Engagement Advisory Services
The Engagement Agency helps:
- Organizations of all types develop strategic Stakeholder Capitalism and Enterprise Engagement processes and human capital management and reporting strategies; conduct human capital gap analyses; design and implement strategic human capital management and reporting plans that address DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion), and assist with managed outsourcing of engagement products and services.
- Human resources, sales and marketing solution providers profit from the emerging discipline of human capital management and ROI of engagement through training and marketing services.
- Investors make sense of human capital reporting by public companies.
- Buyers and sellers of companies in the engagement space or business owners or buyers who seek to account for human capital in their mergers and acquistions.
For more information: Contact Bruce Bolger at Bolger@TheICEE.org or call 914-591-7600, ext. 230.