This new initiative by the Conference Board, one of the nation’s most influential executive research and learning organizations, has begun to address the practical implementation of Stakeholder Capitalism for its C-suite executive members.
The Conference Board has launched a series of roundtable discussions for C-suite executives on the practical significance of the shift from a shareholder- to multistakeholder-focused business model.
Many organizations and business leaders have discussed their commitment to serving not only shareholders, but also the long-term welfare of customers, employees, business partners, society at large, and the natural environment. The Conference Board says it’s the only organization to focus on what this shift to a stakeholder focus means, in practice, for the C-suite.
“We have held roundtables with CEOs, Chief Legal Officers, Chief Human Resources Officers, Chief Financial Officers, Chief Technology Officers, Chief Communications Officers and Chief Marketing Officers,” reports Paul Washington, Executive Director, ESG, at the Conference Board. “We have one remaining session, with Chief Government Relations Officers, planned for September. Each session has focused on how significant the shift to a multistakeholder focus truly is, as well as what it means for the corporate executive, the function they lead, and the composition of the C-suite.”
The sessions are held under the Chatham House Rule preventing attribution of statements to individual participants to enable a candid, unfettered exchange of views, the Conference Board says. “The insights generated by these discussions, as well as from a global survey of C-suite executives, will inform a signature report to be issued by The Conference Board this autumn. The Conference Board also expects to hold a conference on this subject in early 2022.”
For More Information
Executive Director, ESG
The Conference Board
Master the “S” of Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG), A.k.a. Stakeholder Capitalism
The Enterprise Engagement Alliance at TheEEA.org is the world’s first and only organization that focuses on outreach, certification and training, and advisory services to help organizations achieve their goals by fostering the proactive involvement of all stakeholders. This includes customers, employees, distribution and supply chain partners, and communities, or anyone connected to an organization’s success.
Training and Thought Leadership
- Founded in 2008, the Enterprise Engagement Alliance provides outreach, learning and certification in Enterprise Engagement, an implementation process for the “S” or Social of Stakeholder Capitalism and Human Capital Management and measurement of engagement across the organization.
- The Enterprise Engagement Alliance provides a training and certification program for business leaders, practitioners, and solution providers, as well as executive briefings and human capital gap analyses for senior leaders.
- The EEA produces an education program for CFOs for the CFO.University training program on Human Capital Management.
- Join the EEA to become a leader in the implementation of the “S” of ESG and Stakeholder Capitalism.
- The ESM information portal and The Enterprise Engagement Advisors Network solution provider marketplace cover all aspects of stakeholder engagement, and the EEA information library lists dozens of resources.
- The RRN information portal and Brand Media Coalition marketplace address the use of brands for gifting, incentives, recognition, and promotions. The BMC information library provides information and research resources.
The EEA Human Capital Management and ROI of Engagement YouTube channel features a growing library of 30- to 60-minute panel discussions with leading experts in all areas of engagement and total rewards.
- Enterprise Engagement for CEOs: The Little Blue Book for People-Centric Capitalists. A quick guide for CEOs.
- Enterprise Engagement: The Roadmap 5th Edition implementation guide. A comprehensive textbook for practitioners, academics, and students.
Enterprise Engagement Advisory Services
The Engagement Agency helps:
- Organizations of all types develop strategic Stakeholder Capitalism and Enterprise Engagement processes and human capital management and reporting strategies; conduct human capital gap analyses; design and implement strategic human capital management and reporting plans that address DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion), and assist with managed outsourcing of engagement products and services.
- Human resources, sales and marketing solution providers profit from the emerging discipline of human capital management and ROI of engagement through training and marketing services.
- Investors make sense of human capital reporting by public companies.
- Buyers and sellers of companies in the engagement space or business owners or buyers who seek to account for human capital in their mergers and acquistions.
For more information: Contact Bruce Bolger at Bolger@TheICEE.org or call 914-591-7600, ext. 230.