Organizations that sell through distribution partners can achieve higher revenues, higher sales per distributor and greater market share, and greater willingness to recommend through a strategic, systematic and holistic approach to engaging channel partners.
Many companies that sell through distribution partners can increase sales and profitability by applying a more strategic, holistic approach, according to this Enterprise Engagement Alliance Youtube show featuring experienced B2B distribution experts Paul Donehue, President, Paul Charles & Associates, a sales and communications advisory firm; Steve Pulchalsky, head of sales and marketing for The Gapp Group; Lincoln Smith, Chief Strategy Officer, HMI Performance Incentives, a full-service performance improvement company. This Enterprise Engagement Alliance Youtube web training program on Channel Engagement provides an overview of what’s necessary for success in channel engagement programs.
Key findings include:
• Success starts with the basics: your product or service quality and brand equity; the quality of your people, and the support provided to help distribution partners profit by focusing on your company’s business versus those of other brands.
• Implement a strategic approach with a formal written plan and clear metrics that starts by understanding not only the distribution channel owners but the salespeople—what are their emotional drivers and what tools do they need to work more successfully on behalf.
• Measure performance based on key KPIs, such as: revenues, profits, costs per distributor; number/percentage of salespeople engaged in training, rewards, communications; participation in co-op marketing programs, etc.
• Align your activities—make sure that what you do to inspire, communication, inform, equip, and reward are aligned to promote the right behaviors and achieve the key goals.
• Use technology to streamline all the engagement touchpoints, track behaviors, and correlate with outcomes, such as sales, profits, training scores, emotional engagement, etc.
• Use data to drive decisions and segment as much as possible to address local or other more personalized needs.
• Engage your employees—distribution partners say they will pay more for reliable service and communication.
To Contact the Speakers
President, Paul Charles & Associates
Head of Sales and Marketing, The Gapp Group
Chief Strategy Officer, HMI Performance Incentives,
Master the “S” of Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG), A.k.a. Stakeholder Capitalism
The Enterprise Engagement Alliance at TheEEA.org is the world’s first and only organization that focuses on outreach, certification and training, and advisory services to help organizations achieve their goals by fostering the proactive involvement of all stakeholders. This includes customers, employees, distribution and supply chain partners, and communities, or anyone connected to an organization’s success.
Training and Thought Leadership
- Founded in 2008, the Enterprise Engagement Alliance provides outreach, learning and certification in Enterprise Engagement, an implementation process for the “S” or Social of Stakeholder Capitalism and Human Capital Management and measurement of engagement across the organization.
- The Enterprise Engagement Alliance provides a training and certification program for business leaders, practitioners, and solution providers, as well as executive briefings and human capital gap analyses for senior leaders.
- The EEA produces an education program for CFOs for the CFO.University training program on Human Capital Management.
- Join the EEA to become a leader in the implementation of the “S” of ESG and Stakeholder Capitalism.
- The ESM information portal and The Enterprise Engagement Advisors Network solution provider marketplace cover all aspects of stakeholder engagement, and the EEA information library lists dozens of resources.
- The RRN information portal and Brand Media Coalition marketplace address the use of brands for gifting, incentives, recognition, and promotions. The BMC information library provides information and research resources.
The EEA Human Capital Management and ROI of Engagement YouTube channel features a growing library of 30- to 60-minute panel discussions with leading experts in all areas of engagement and total rewards.
- Enterprise Engagement for CEOs: The Little Blue Book for People-Centric Capitalists. A quick guide for CEOs.
- Enterprise Engagement: The Roadmap 5th Edition implementation guide. A comprehensive textbook for practitioners, academics, and students.
Enterprise Engagement Advisory Services
The Engagement Agency helps:
- Organizations of all types develop strategic Stakeholder Capitalism and Enterprise Engagement processes and human capital management and reporting strategies; conduct human capital gap analyses; design and implement strategic human capital management and reporting plans that address DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion), and assist with managed outsourcing of engagement products and services.
- Human resources, sales and marketing solution providers profit from the emerging discipline of human capital management and ROI of engagement through training and marketing services.
- Investors make sense of human capital reporting by public companies.
- Buyers and sellers of companies in the engagement space or business owners or buyers who seek to account for human capital in their mergers and acquistions.
For more information: Contact Bruce Bolger at Bolger@TheICEE.org or call 914-591-7600, ext. 230.