Patricia Eng, Former NRC Senior Knowledge Management Advisor, Receives First ISO 30401 Knowledge Management Auditor Certification
Knowledge management (KM) expert and author Patricia Eng is the first to earn professional certification in ISO 30401 knowledge management systems from the International Center for Enterprise Engagement at TheICEE.org, the first and only organization offering certification to this standard.
According to Dr. Ron B. McKinley, Co-Director of the International Center for Enterprise Engagement, “This qualifies Eng to both conduct audits of KM practices at organizations for the purposes of analysis or ISO certification, and to certify others in ISO 30401 certification, subject to final approval of ICEE. We could not have hoped to have had a more qualified first candidate for this valuable certification.”
Knowledge Management is the strategy and system for ensuring that relevant knowledge is continually gathered, organized, effectively shared so that everyone in the organization has access to the information they need to do their jobs more effectively.
Eng has over 35 years in various aspects of the nuclear industry including both private and public sectors. In her position as Senior Advisor, Knowledge Management, for the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), she developed NRC’s KM business case; planned and implemented short- and long-term strategic goals and initiatives; developed business process improvement tactics; and analyzed information and metrics to assess KM initiative effectiveness. She also established the knowledge management program and launched the electronic NRC Knowledge Center containing over 130 communities of practice and a video library of subject matter expert interviews.
In addition, she assisted agency executives in developing budget and staffing forecasts by reviewing existing staff skills and competencies against projected program and technology developments to identify gaps and develop resource projections for future years. Her accomplishments include setting up a virtual meeting program; identifying high value, critical knowledge areas and associated subject matter experts, and capturing subject matter expert insights via videos. She also evaluated agency technical and management practices for ways to improve and streamline agency safety reviews, staff training, to support knowledge transfer efforts and streamlined staff qualifications processes resulting in savings of $59 million dollars in 2009 and 2010.
Explains Dr. McKinley, “Eng has satisfactorily demonstrated that she possesses the necessary knowledge, experience, skills, abilities, attributes, education, and training that qualifies her to certify both individuals and organizations regarding their conformance to ISO Standard 30401 – Knowledge management systems requirements (ISO 30401).” Dr. McKinley, along with Lee S. Webster, Co-founder of ICEE, were the organizers of the first ISO working group on human capital management and helped oversee and shepherd most ISO human capital standards through the development review and publication processes.
Says Webster, “In an era with so much talent turnover, and when knowledge now provides a true competitive edge, the ability to capture, organize, and share the knowledge of all stakeholders is becoming an increasingly critical part of the overall human capital strategy. I do not believe a better first candidate for the ISO 30401 certification could have presented herself. Patricia Eng has a distinguished career in the development and implementation of knowledge management strategies in one of the most critical and complex fields and has demonstrated industry leadership through publication of two books and many articles and interviews on the subject.”
For More Information
Enterprise Engagement Alliance
Master the Principles of Enterprise Engagement to Achieve Organizational Goals and Enhance Your Career
Profit from a new strategic and systematic approach to engagement to enhance your organization’s brand equity; increase sales, productivity, quality, innovation, and safety, and reduce risks.
Get trained to become a Chief Engagement Officer for your organization.
Achieve ISO 10018 Quality People Management Certification to demonstrate your organization’s strategic commitment to people to your customers, employees, distribution partners, vendors, communities, investors, and regulators.
Learn how to create Sustainability or Integrated Reports for Your Organization or Clients.
Get up-to-speed on ISO human resources standards and guidelines to enhance HR performance.
Live Education: Enterprise Engagement in Action. Take advantage of scheduled monthly live webinar preparation courses for the Certified Engagement Practitioner designation consisting of three one-hour classes and of quarterly Advanced Engagement Practitioner courses consisting of three one-hour webinar classes. The AEP course is for individuals or teams seeking preparation ISO 10018 professional certification status. ICEE periodically runs regional one-day workshops on ISO 10018 Quality People Management principles and certification.
Resources: The Brand Media Coalition, the only guide to the story-telling power of brands and where to source them for business, event, promotional gifting, and rewards and recognition. 2019 Enterprise Engagement Solution Provider Directory. The only directory of engagement solution providers covering all types of agencies and tactics as well as insights on how to select them.
Communities: The Enterprise Engagement Alliance and Advocate and the Brand Media Coalition free resource centers offering access to the latest research, news, and case studies; discounts, promotions, referrals, and commissions, when appropriate to third-party solution providers from participating coalition solution provider members.
Written specifically to provide CEOs and their leadership teams a concise overview of the framework, economics, and implementation process of a CEO-led strategic and systematic approach to achieving success through people. (123 pages, $15.99)
Enterprise Engagement: The Roadmap 5th Edition
The first and most comprehensive book on Enterprise Engagement and the new ISO 9001 and ISO 10018 quality people management standards. Includes 36 chapters detailing how to better integrate and align engagement efforts across the enterprise. (312 pages, $36.)
• 10-minute short course: click here for a 10-minute introduction to Enterprise
• Engagement and ISO standards on Coggno.com.
• 5-minute Audiopedia summary of the Enterprise Engagement field.
• The International Center for Enterprise Engagement at TheICEE.org, offering: ISO 10018 certification for employers, solution providers, and Enterprise Engagement technology platforms; Human Resources and Human Capital audits for organizations seeking to benchmark their practices and related Advisory services for the hospitality field.
• The Engagement Agency at EngagementAgency.net, offering: complete support services for employers, solution providers, and technology firms seeking to profit from formal engagement practices for themselves or their clients, including Brand and Capability audits for solution providers to make sure their products and services are up to date.
• C-Suite Advisory Service—Education of boards, investors, and C-suite executives on the economics, framework, and implementation processes of Enterprise Engagement.
• Speakers Bureau—Select the right speaker on any aspect of engagement for your next event.
• Mergers and Acquisitions. The Engagement Agency’s Mergers and Acquisition group is aware of multiple companies seeking to purchase firms in the engagement field. Contact Michael Mazer in confidence if your company is potentially for sale at 303-320-3777.
Enterprise Engagement Benchmark Tools: The Enterprise Engagement Alliance offers three tools to help organizations profit from Engagement. Click here to access the tools.
• ROI of Engagement Calculator. Use this tool to determine the potential return-on-investment of an engagement strategy.
• EE Benchmark Indicator. Confidentially benchmark your organization’s Enterprise Engagement practices against organizations and best practices.
• Compare Your Company’s Level of Engagement. Quickly compare your organization’s level of engagement to those of others based on the same criteria as the EEA’s Engaged Company Stock Index.
• Gauge Your Personal Level of Engagement. This survey, donated by Horsepower, enables individuals to gauge their own personal levels of engagement.
For more information, contact Bruce Bolger at Bolger@TheEEA.org, 914-591-7600, ext. 230.
[return to top]