Subscribe Now to EEA Media
Or, log-in to update your account
Key Benefits of EEA
Find invaluable how-to and reference articles on leadership, engagement, rewards, and recognition.
- Access hundreds of useful information links.
- Opt-in for news and trends on the topics of your choice.
- Get expertise advice on key issues.
- Connect with others who share similar challenges and interests.
Why Sign Up?
- Receive notifications of new content of interest to you.
- Participate in forums to get answers to your questions.
- Save links to content in your personal account library.
- Connect with others.
Enterprise Engagement Overview
The Emerging Field of Enterprise Engagement
What business people need to know.
EEA Curriculum on Measuring Engagement and Performance
There’s a reason for the old adage: “You can’t manage what you don’t measure.” Anyone who has ever tried to run a business knows that’s true. But it is also true that you can’t manage what you measure only once each year. When it comes to employee and customer engagement, most of us... collect information through annual surveys, analyze the results, share them in a high-level report and perhaps devote part of an executive meeting to discuss the implications. Like performance reviews, this is usually done once a year – if at all.
In order to make informed decisions based in fact, managers need to:
- Regularly monitor trends in employee, customer, supplier and partner engagement
- Analyze those trends
- Share the information across the organization
- Set goals
- Mobilize executives, managers and supervisors to take action
Effective measurement requires that certain fundamentals or principals be observed. Meaningful measurement will normally require an estimate of business impact at minimum and, in some cases, a Return on Investment (ROI) calculation. Following the advice below will ensure that you develop credible and defensible estimates of the business impact and ROI (where necessary) of your engagement initiatives. Click here to read the full White Paper.
Key EEA Resources
- Enterprise Engagement Overview
- Economics of Engagement
- EE Training and Certification
- Live Education Schedule
- Recorded Webinars/Textbook Chapters
- The Enterprise Engagement Online Test
- EE Certified Practitioners
- Good Company Stock Index
- Benchmark Your Engagement Practices
- Benchmark Your Personal Engagement